Fresh Install on A8V-VM Mobo (Windows Xp Home)

frostysnowman 14:03 15 Jul 08

I am doing a fresh installation of Windows Xp Home on an A8V-VM Motherboard and would appreciate advice on the following:
I have visited the Asus site to see if there are any updated drivers for the mobo but for the Chipset driver it states that it is a 'Beta Version'. Would I be better using my existing Chipset driver of my Mobo CD and wait until the updated driver goes out of beta? Also I will be using Norton Internet Security 2008 together with Spyware Blaster, A2free and Spybot Search and Destroy. I have been thinking of using either Comodo BOClean or Threatfire to complement my internet security but would appreciate any comments regarding these programs. Any advice appreciated.

RobCharles1981 14:07 15 Jul 08

Hi First up don't get "Beta" Drivers I would as you say stick with the Drivers you already got for the motherboard, but wait in a few weeks before they release the final version of the driver.

Don't use Norton Internet Security 2008 please for gods sake.

just use

Avast Antivirus
Comodo Firewall

A2
Spyware Blaster
Super Antispyware
Spyware Terminator

All for me has worked well.

RobCharles1981 14:07 15 Jul 08

All of which can be downloaded from click here

frostysnowman 10:30 10 Dec 08

Thanks for your sdvice and sorry for the delay in replying.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…