Fresh download update

TommyRed 17:15 03 Mar 04

I use the above program as my download manager. It has just popped up and informed me of an update which I've downloaded. The thing is I've never installed an update for this program and the update page took me to the Fresh Devices download page ad the only download for what I wanted appears to be the full program updated. My question is do I just install this over the top of what's there or do I uninstall the original version before installing the updated version. TIA TR

Jester2K 17:25 03 Mar 04

Avoid the 6.70 version. Its bug-tastic!!!

Install over the top but wait until the new version after 6.70....

Jester2K 17:27 03 Mar 04

We have a lot of minor bug report in FD 6.70. We will fix it and release it
as FD 6.75 this week.

Regards,
FreshDevices support team.

TommyRed 21:52 03 Mar 04

Thanks Jester will look out for it this week. TR

Jester2K 07:57 04 Mar 04

BTW I've found that after a year or so you need to re-register for a new code. No biggie cos its free but does anyone else get this?

Stuartli 08:11 04 Mar 04

Surprising. I've always had to obtain a new code each time I download the latest version and, as they are launched every few weeks, I've never had to wait a year or so for a re-registered code..:-)

Although I got an e-mail about Version 6.70 last Saturday, I've not bothered to download it yet so will take note of the comments about bugs and await the corrected version.

Jester2K 08:25 04 Mar 04

I always go straight to click here to get the download. It continues using the old code if you install over the top, however after 300 or so days (check the About box to see how long you've been using it for) it comes up with something along the lines of "This code is out of date" and i have to get a new one.

I find it annoying to have to keep re-registering every time they release a bug fix because i hold all my CD Keys and install codes in a secure location and its a pain to up date if not necessary....

Jester2K 20:31 04 Mar 04

Version 6.75 now available...

Jester2K 08:54 05 Mar 04

..after i raisied another bug..

When you install 6.70 or later version, make sure you have uninstall fisrt the old verson. And make sure when you uninstall the old one, you didn't run IE browser or Windows Explorer on your desktop.

Regards,
FreshDevices support team.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…