Fresh Download Manager...

iqs 09:33 29 Jul 07

Hiya,

I recently installed the above software,which is now integrated with Firefox.

I have noticed a difference in download speed,which is nice.The only problem I have is with certain web sites where the web address is not recognised by Fresh Manager.Different URL's/http:.....Not to sure how the web address should begin.

Is there a way to edit the web address so Fresh detects and downloads the file?.
Cheers

cocteau48 10:12 29 Jul 07

I have used various download managers over the years but since installing Firefox's own add on:
DownThemAll -click here
I now never use anything else.
It is so simple to use - just right click on your download link and select "Start link with dTaOneClick" Job done!

iqs 12:30 29 Jul 07

cocteau48 and many thanks for your help.I have installed DownThemAll,It seems easier to naviagte then Fresh Download,but which one will offer faster download speeds?.This is the main reason for installing the software,for me anyway.Once again cheers for the useful link :-)

Stuartli 12:43 29 Jul 07

I've never come across a website that doesn't work with FreshDownload in either Firefox or IE.

Have you checked the Integration configuration from Options>Integration tab as well as Excluded Sites?

cocteau48 13:03 29 Jul 07

"but which one will offer faster download speeds?"
That's easy - just download the same file with both and time each one.
I don't know if you are on dial up or broadband but I would imagine that the difference in download speed between different download managers can be measured in a handful of seconds if not fractions of a second.

iqs 15:49 29 Jul 07

cocteau48,I'm on broadband.Did as you suggested,not much difference in times.Thanks

Stuartli 16:16 29 Jul 07

You could do tests as often as you wish, but all will prove different - it's not an exact science.

iqs 19:17 29 Jul 07

Stuartli for your comments.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…