//some 3rd party need geo

Frequent Freezes

bigdeadweight 10:52 26 Aug 05

HELP - My computer is always bloody freezing. virus scan, scan disk, ad scan, burning and copying, defrag, all games, all internet games etc etc etc.with games i get to play for 30 seconds and then it freezes up. until recently i could play online games on websites but now they kill it too. i ran memtest86 and it always freezes on test 3 between 25-40 seconds ish.

celeron2.6
Epox EP-P4MKI
ProSavage DDR Integrated Graphics
XP home

I am just about ready to chuck it out of the window!

Jackcoms 15:23 26 Aug 05

Try clearing all the crap from your machine with click here
and then disable System Restore and run full AV scans, anti-malware scans and defrag. Make sure your AV and anti-malware definitions are up-to-date first.

Hopefully by cleaning with CCleaner first you may stop the freeze ups.

By the way - chucking it out of the window won't solve your problems.

bigdeadweight 16:31 26 Aug 05

that ccleaner is a good util. it took a couple hundred megs of stuff of the hdd. and so far everything still seems to be working ;)

but not cured me. tried search and destroy for adware and crashed about a 3rd in. tried mcafee vscan and crashed it after about 5 mins. neither had found anything by the time they crashed it though.

throwing it out the window wouldnt really resolve anything but i would feel much better. i live 12 floors up so it would make a nice noise. knowing my luck it would land on my car!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…