french laptop

2020 01 Oct 11

Hi I have spent some time in France and on on my travels i got my laptop stolen, however I have been lucky enough to pickup a powerbook G4 and its been great but for one thing, obviously its French with keyboard and office. I have almost got used to the keyboard but without an on hand local to keep me right with working my way through office, im finding its beyond me. So i want to know if I can access uk english or do i need an add on language? also can i alter the keyboard? many thanks mary

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 01 Oct 11
  chub_tor 02 Oct 11

You can certainly get a new keyboard, one example from here and you can get instructions on fitting it from here

Terry Brown 02 Oct 11

On windows, you go to control panel, regional settings and change it from there, does the Mac have a similar system?

Terry

robin_x 02 Oct 11

Change language in MS Office for Mac.

OpenOffice and LibreOffice for Mac are also available (free)

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to set up Apple Music & make sure you don't get charged: Get Apple Music for free

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message