French ISP

I am going to France for a few months - I have set up with tiscali a dial up pay as you go account. Is it possible to test that this works OK before I leave the UK? I have already tried using 033 in front of the number but this does not work - any other ideas out there please?

rawprawn 16:12 29 Jun 05

The code for France is 00 33, I don't know if it will make the difference you want, but you could try.

sicknote 16:17 29 Jun 05

Is it a French number you are calling with 00 33

yes I tried putting 0033 in front of the ISP number but get automatic response saying incorrect number

yes tiscali France dial up number I've tried 0033 in front and taken out the zero on the french number but I'm told by a nice sounding lady that I've dialled and incorrect number.

podlod 06:52 30 Jun 05

Hi, I live here in France and I do beleive you have to sign up over here, and it can be done easily! Bryan

wiz-king 08:23 30 Jun 05

Some numbers are not obtainable when dialing from outside the country they have been issued from, eg USA toll free numbers dont work in the UK, this may be your problem.

I've already signed up via tiscali France - which was very easy however, I wanted to check that the settings were correct and that it worked before I left England. A relative is going over before me and will want to use laptop but, is not computer savvy so if I have set up incorrectly she will have problems.

octal 10:20 30 Jun 05

wiz-king is probably correct, why not first try and dial the number on a normal telephone and see if you get the racket from the server?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…