freinds pc wont boot

>steve< 17:04 02 Aug 06

my freind as asked me to take a look at his pc(xp)and i know that he has not changed is bios to boot from the dvd drive so is options are now limited,does any one know a way around this problem?

User-312386 17:10 02 Aug 06

Do you get any beeps at start up from the motherboard?

woodchip 17:22 02 Aug 06

What happens when you switch it on and what OS?

>steve< 17:34 02 Aug 06

woodchip he is running xp,mad boy i havent got my hands on it yet he said he would bring it round later but he did say he thinks it might be a virus from torrent and when it tries to boot he just gets a blak screen thanks for youre response can i connect my laptop to it and either alter his boot ini files are can i just format and fresh install if this is a virus?

woodchip 18:01 02 Aug 06

Don't try connecting Laptop. You may have a bigger problem than you already have. Leave the ball in the other computer. This could be the PSU if it does not beep when you press go

>steve< 18:10 02 Aug 06

thanks i did not really want to go down that route as my pc might get infected when i connect to it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…