Freind's Gateway 550 Tower PC & a Memory Upgrade.

Giggle n' Bits 23:33 02 Jan 04

Hello all and Happy New Year to all.

I am helping my friend to try and get a memory upgrade for his Tower PC which is a Gateway with a model number 550 on the front of the case.

I know that its PC100 CL2 SDRAM but I would like to buy it from Crucial as he has a voucher redemtion to have.

Thing is when going to crucial online in the menu's to select the memory using that selector thing I get to choosing memory for a Gateway- Desktop-then 500 series desktop and the page with the memory and price at the lower part of page says if it has a 500MHz CPU (Which it does-PIII) this is not the correct memory.

So the help we need is which is the right memory from crucial for this Gateway Tower desktop 550 please.

Thanks for any assistance that anyone can offer.

Gongoozler 08:19 03 Jan 04

Hi AggaDoo. I think your friend's Gateway is probably the Performance 550, and the correct memory is here click here

If there is any doubt, give Crucial a call on 0800 013 0330 click here. I have never had to use this service, but it has often been reported on this forum that they are very friendly and helpful.

Giggle n' Bits 10:02 03 Jan 04

Yes I can assure other Forum users here that Crucial are as good as people say. Emailed them and reply within an hour !

Thanks M8 Gongoozler.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…