Freezing/Reboots

Leehndrsn 10:07 13 Mar 07

Hi, For a while now my pc has been freezing and rebooting itself at no regular intervals it seems to be as an when it likes, have had a few error logs appear many being "an error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\D during a paging operation" only thing that confuses me is that D is my DvdRw drive. Also get system errors (Event ID: 1003)and from what I can see - dump files saying system has been rebooted from a bugcheck (ID:1001) any ideas on what could be causing the freezing etc? ran RAM tests and used the check disc in windows but no problems...could it be a PSU problem? current is a Win Power ATX-650 but I don't have another to switch and test, Temperatures too all seem to be ok as is fan condition. I have a Hijack this log and Everest if any other info is needed. Appreciate any advice

Running:
XP Pro SP2
AMD X2 4800+
ECS KN1 SLI Extreme
Geforce 7900GTX 512
2GB OCZ Gaming extreme (2x1Gb)
250GB Maxtor HDD
Win Power ATX-650
Terratec Aureon 5.1

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…