Freezing/jumping cursor and apges

bamfiesler 07:50 01 Mar 05

Annoying, more than anything else. Within the last two months I've notced that when I'm online the cursor sometimes freezes, then flies up to the top of the page. This is often accompnaied by the page suddenly scrolling instantly to either top or bottom.

I have heard that this can be caused by USB hardware, if so, how and why?

Only new installs prior to this happening are HP 7400 series printer, and Mozilla Firefox.

Any ideas, and thank to all. etc.

Diodorus Siculus 08:02 01 Mar 05

Could be something which is using up processor cycles - have you done a spyware check?

click here
AdAware click here
SB click here
click here
cws These are good tools for the search.

bamfiesler 08:15 01 Mar 05

Got Spybot and CWShredder; also running AVG and Xoftspy - nowt showing up.

Diodorus Siculus 08:19 01 Mar 05

Open the task manager and see what applications are running and what processes are taking up the cpu cycles - it may give you a clue as to what is happening.

bamfiesler 08:33 01 Mar 05

Tried that earlier, but wasn't sure what what to look for. On you suggestion, I looked again at processes: other than Sytem Idle Process and taskmgr.exe (values 99 and 01 respectively) there two other lttle fellas chugging away: smc.exe, and services.exe, and occasionally crss.exe, which I've never been able to suss if that (latter) one was a problem in the past.

Diodorus Siculus 08:40 01 Mar 05

crss - crss.exe - Process Information
click here

Crss.exe definition, relationships, removal
click here

crss.exe - "possible" spyware.

smc - part of sygate firewall.

services? - services - services.exe - Process Information
"Description:
services.exe is a part of the Microsoft Windows Operating System and manages the operation of starting and stopping services. This process also deals with the automatic starting of services during the comptuers boot-up and the stopping of servicse during shut-down. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated. Note: services.exe is also a process which is registered as the W32.Randex.R Trojan. This Trojan allows attackers to access your computer, stealing passwords and personal data. It is a registered security risk and should be removed immediately. Please see additional details regarding this process"
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…