freezing at welcome page

bluenote 16:29 26 Apr 07

When switching on my computer running windows xp pro it freezes at the welcome page .When i switch off and on again it usually will go on to open normaly.any ideas why this should suddenly start to happen

birdface 16:34 26 Apr 07

Hi, Might be better doing a system restore to a date before you had the problem,Also make sure all the air vents at the back of the computer are free of fluff and dust,Just in case it is over heating.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:40 26 Apr 07

the best way to fix Windows faulty boot is to insert your Windows XP start up disc. After the utility loads up (the famous blue screen) select the option to repair. Go to the command line and type chkdsk /f or you may let Windows fix the problem automatically--this option is before you get to the command line. If chkdsk /f does not help, try chkdsk /r

Usually when Windows XP cannot load, inserting the start up utility and letting it to fix Windows files only it will leave all other data intact.

Let us know how it goes.

bluenote 16:43 26 Apr 07

Hi buteman ,tried,but unable to restore.

bluenote 20:56 26 Apr 07

Hi Fruit Bat /\0/\,thanks for your sugestions .I did what you sad and it appeared to work, but with an intermitent problem like this, time will tell.I'll let you know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac