freezing problem in xp, True Vector Engine error

Ali M 17:12 26 Feb 04

I am currently sorting out a friend's pc which supposedly crashes every 5 minutes! I've patched up all the xp downloads etc. I've ran a burnin test with no problems, then tried to run 3d Mark 2001SE and it freezes after about 30 seconds. Had a look in the Event Viewer application log and there are literally hundreds of errors reported from the True Vector Engine. The PC has ZoneAlarm installed which I think has something to do with it. The error seems to always be that "C:\Windows\Internet Logs\IAMDB.RDB" is corrupt and has been deleted. Any ideas on how to sort the problem.

hector 911 17:16 26 Feb 04

yeah! "true vector engine" is part of zonealarm.
I would download a new version and reinstall, after removing the old one.

BarryKeith 17:23 26 Feb 04

Give the Kerio personal firewall a try <click here> I have had it running for a couple of weeks now, and it is comparable to ZoneAlarm and also has one or two extras. It is also being updated quite often, I have checked it on Steve Gibsons Shields-up and leak test <>, and it passes both without problems.
It could be the answer to your friends problems.

Ali M 19:10 27 Feb 04

I've removed Zonealarm and tried running 3dmark 2001Se again and it's still freezing.

The pc is an

Amd 2600 (333)
256mb pc2700
asus A7V8X-MX mobo
VIA kM400 onboard graphics (set to 64mb shared)
80gb hdd
Win Xp sp1

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…