freezing during boot up

llollipoppi 23:29 25 Feb 03

hi , just recently if i shut my pc down,i had to press the start button several times to get it back on, so i decided to just to leave it on all the time, now sometimes it freezes and when i restart it, just before it gets to the windows log on screen it freezes, mouse and keyboard and there is no hard drive activity, all i see is thre hourglass on screen, it even done this in safe mode, is there a connection and does anyone know why? I dont want to lose the contents of my p.c so any help is appreciated.

I run 750mgh amd athlon, 120mb, 210gb hdd on win me

thanks to anyone who can help

Britpac 01:42 26 Feb 03

hi there
the first question i would ask is have you recently loaded any new software or installed any new hardware ?
the reason for the freezing is usually down to two pieces of software attempting to load at the same time.
or two hardware device drivers conflicting with one another.
let me know.

llollipoppi 11:25 26 Feb 03

the last time I installed anything was ie6 a couple of days ago but the intial problem started last month, When the pc is switched off i have to leave it a couple of minutes before it will go back on. Also it soemtimes switches its self back off, or when i do get it started it is even freezing before it loads into windows, it has took me ages to get it on this morning,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…