freezes on first screen

cagey 12:12 14 Aug 06

When I switch on my computer, it freezes on the company logo screen "Winfast". If I unplug all USB devices including mouse and ADSL modem it works OK and I can then plug in all USB devices and continue as normal. Suggestions please?

xania 13:50 14 Aug 06

I would think that you are experiencing a problem with your USB hub driver. Try deleting and reinstalling. How long has this been going on? What OS?

cagey 13:57 14 Aug 06

I experienced it shortly after I built my system from a barebone package from Novatech about 15 months ago, but then it disappeared but has just recently returned. I am running Win XP pro SP2. I have tried with the USB plugged into both front and rear sockets (not via a hub)with same results.

cagey 16:40 14 Aug 06

Can anyone help please? Is there a way of removing the "Winfast" logo? I've looked in the bios setup but couldn't see anything linking it.

cagey 18:57 14 Aug 06

Any help would be very much appreciated

andrew-196854 19:11 14 Aug 06

does this happen in safe mode by tapping f5 on start up ? have you checked on what is the boot up order ? ie hard drive 1st then cd rom etc is usb in there only an idea

cagey 19:29 14 Aug 06

dibblydufuss-- As it freezes on the "Winfast" logo screen as soon I turn on the power, I don't get the chance to enter Safe mode (I have to tap F8 not F5 to get those options). My boot up order is 1. Floppy, 2.HDD, 3. CD.

andrew-196854 19:29 14 Aug 06

sorry its f8 my mistake

cagey 19:44 14 Aug 06

dibblydufuss
As I explained as soon as I turn on the power I get an orange coloured screen with the logo "Winfast" across the centre of the screen and not the usual screen displaying, Bios make, memory test, Hdd details etc. I'm sure there must be some way of getting rid of the orange screen that I get on power up. But I would prefer to find out why this screen freezes as I explained in my original posting?

Gongoozler 19:51 14 Aug 06

Is Winfast your graphics card? If i'm right, then I suspect that the graphics driver is corrupted. try uninstalling it and reinstalling the driver, preferably an updated version.

andrew-196854 20:06 14 Aug 06

do you know the make and model of your pc then as you have not said?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…