Freezer keeps going

userious? 09:13 AM 09 Jul 11

Hi,On Thursday the door of our freezer was left slightly ajar and started to defrost, luckily it was spotted but since then it hasnt switched itself off and just keeps running and im not sure what to do. Should we get a new one one or get it repaired, which might be costly, it's about five years old.

Quickbeam 09:18 AM 09 Jul 11

Is there any ice on the seals that would stop it closing properly, that would cause constant running, try a full defrost and restart.

WhiteTruckMan 09:20 AM 09 Jul 11

Hope it's not a beko.

userious? 09:28 AM 09 Jul 11

Quickbeam No, the seals are all clean and the door closes ok.

Forum Editor 09:29 AM 09 Jul 11

Transferred to Helpromm from Spekers Corner.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:52 AM 09 Jul 11

Switch off

defrost completely

Quickbeam 10:13 AM 09 Jul 11

Ah! I see the problem now it's been moved to here.

Check that your anti virus is upto date, run a barcode sweep of all the products and re-boot, if that fails, you'll need a fresh installation from Comet.

We couldn't see the wood for the trees in the other forum...;)

userious? 10:22 AM 09 Jul 11

Quickbeam LOL,thanks for your help. Will give it a de-frost and see what happens.

userious? 10:23 AM 09 Jul 11

Fruit Bat /\0/\ Sorry, forgot to thank you....following your advice and hoping for the best, cant afford a new freezer at the moment.

morddwyd 19:59 PM 09 Jul 11

Just an addition - make sure it's a complete de-frost.

What happens is the coils get iced up and paradoxically they then don't cool the appliance.

In an upright they're normally at top of the compartment and can't be seen.

There'll be plenty of water!

Had exactly the same last year and it took well over 24 hours to stop dripping.

Crosstrainer2 20:04 PM 09 Jul 11

Hmm, this has me worried. I read about the Beko problems. I have A Hoover Nextra Frost Free (Never Shut down) Unit

Should I consider de-frosting? It never ices up, and the instructions say no need.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11