Freeware MP3 Editors

Pesala 09:14 25 Apr 03

I downloaded and used MP3Directcut 1.3 to amplify some MP3 talks and edit the Track details. It worked fine for me, but after reading this review click here I wondered whether they might be something a bit better available.

My expectations are modest. All I need is something that will amplify and edit MP3 files without increasing the file size. If it can reduce file sizes a bit, and convert from other audio files that will be a bonus. For recording I use Audacity, but that hugely increases file sizes on exporting.

-pops- 09:23 25 Apr 03

Enter mp3 in the search engine here. There are loads of entries (three pages of lists).

I recall someone posting lists of quite a number of mp3 converters. Think it was €dstow.

Brian

Pesala 09:29 25 Apr 03

What I need is some recommendations, not a three page list of programs to check out for myself.

smcarlsen 09:57 25 Apr 03

I did what Brian suggested and found loads of recommendations.

Pesala 10:13 25 Apr 03

There are loads of MP3 editors to choose from. Without taking a look at each link, one would not know if they are freeware, shareware, good, bad, or indifferent.

A review article of several editors might be useful.

smcarlsen 10:21 25 Apr 03

Are you just requiring the advise of one person's opinion rather than making the deciding choice yourself?

-pops- 11:03 25 Apr 03

I'm sorry you have taken such a bitter attitude to my post.

I sent it in good faith to remind you of the search facility to enable you search out previous threads that cover the subject you are enquiring about, thus saving repetition of things that have been very amply covered in the past.

I shall be very careful not to respond to any of your posts in the future.

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…