Freeware File Splitter

david4637 21:26 06 May 03

Can you please recommend a freeware file splitter, that would split a large file (1-2 GB) into CDR size files for burning. This is necessary because my early version of Drive Image (v4) will not carry out this function. PC Spec - W98SE/HD 6GB/RAM 64MB/Processor 450Mhz. Thanks David

MartinT-B 21:29 06 May 03

Check out the freeware dections of Download.com, Tucows.com and Webattack.com. They are the three I use.

Pesala 21:46 06 May 03

File Splitter (290 K) click here

Qmar 21:56 06 May 03

Pesala has posted this before - I can confirm its very nifty.

howard60 22:28 06 May 03

I have a prog called file splitter very easy to use and very quick you tell it the size you want to split to. e-mail me and I will send it over.

Audeal 23:50 06 May 03

Give this a try. Never used it myself but looks good. click here

david4637 21:16 07 May 03

Thanks ALL for your help. I used Pesala and Qmar suggestions which resulted in me DL a 290KB file splitter from a simple site with good explanation of how to use it. Note there is a minor bug - it will overwrite a file name if it has the same file name and extension, and the ext is .001,or .002 etc. Small beer if you know. David

Simsy 22:47 07 May 03

It won't split the image up after it's been created, as you say, butDrive Image version 4 WILL split the image into CD size chunks as you create the image.... but you have to tell it to.

I don't have it in front of me, and I can't remember the exact buttons etc.... but I think it's under "advanced options" just before you get to the bit where you finish.

Hope this helps,

regards,

Simsy

david4637 17:26 08 May 03

Simsy - thanks for your reply, but DI4 will not split the image as its being created into CDR sized files, even though I selected the option in the advanced menu option, hence my request for a file splitter. David

Simsy 09:33 10 May 03

mine does!

I've got 98se as well. Perhaps a re-install of Drive Image is in order?

Regards,

Simsy

david4637 17:32 10 May 03

Simsy - thanks for your reply, I will try DI4 again for splitting the pqi image into CDR sized files. Would you confirm that you can not split up a file that has already been created by using File Splitter? Thanks David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…