Freeware for combining and managing bookmarks?

Radix Lecti 20:09 28 Jan 06

Or favourites as IE refers to them.

I need to combine and manage a large number of bookmarks from Opera, IE and Firefox.

Any ideas/recommendations lovely ladies and gentlemen?

Thanks

SANTOS7 20:17 28 Jan 06

click here
use import/export...

Radix Lecti 20:25 28 Jan 06

Hi, thanks for that, but I'm OK with backing them up.

I want to combine them and sort them, but I find Firefox, Opera and IE's bookmark/favourites management tools too slow and limiting.

I'm looking to manage them, not to back them up.

SANTOS7 20:28 28 Jan 06

click here
this may help....

Radix Lecti 20:52 28 Jan 06

Thanks SANTOS7, I guess what I should have made clearer is that I'm looking for a recommendation really.

I've found loads of software that may do the task, but I'd like to know which does it best.

ade.h 21:54 28 Jan 06

click here That will sych F'fox with IE at least. Some way there.

ade.h 21:59 28 Jan 06

click here This one was good but has not yet been updated for 1.5

Coff 23:39 28 Jan 06

BookmarkBridge from click here

I've used this for a good while now to merge the bookmarks for IE, Firefox, Opera. You need to go into Settings to make sure the paths to the various bookmark files are correct. (Check the path to your opera6.adr file in particular.) Once you have it set up, you just click on Merge and it will synchronise all your bookmarks. (It doesn't synchronise in real time, only when you click on Merge.)

(For example, you can use Firefox for a time, then Opera and IE afterwards. When you use BookmarkBridge to merge your bookmarks it will update any additions or deletions you have made using all three browsers. Firefox, IE, and Opera will have identical bookmarks.)

Although I've never had a problem with it, before using it for the first time back up your individual browsers' bookmarks.

Coff 23:53 28 Jan 06

About the opera6.adr file. You can find the location of this by going into Help in Opera and clicking on About Opera. It will be in one of two locations depending on whether you installed Opera for one user or multiple users.

Radix Lecti 00:00 29 Jan 06

OK, thanks for that.

Any recommendations for software to then manage (rename/sort/etc) the bookmarks? Firefox's Bookmark Management tool is too slow and too inefficient.

ade.h 00:29 29 Jan 06

I can't think of any off the top of my head, but they do exist. Have a browse click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced