Freeware-applications to change themes in xp?

dagwoood 23:39 21 Mar 04

I would like to add some new themes for my computer and I have found there are freeware themes available but you need software like Windows Plus to run them.

Does any one know of any freeware software that performs the same function as Windows Plus(only the change/add themes functionality part).

I'm running on xp pro.

Thanks, dagwoood.

dagwoood 13:55 22 Mar 04

Bump

Proxy Worm 15:34 22 Mar 04
  dagwoood 16:59 22 Mar 04

Thanks for the link.

The problem is that to use these themes you need something like Windows Plus or Style xp.

I was trying to find out if there is a freeware version of this type of software available.

Cheers, dagwoood.

Proxy Worm 18:24 22 Mar 04

The programme you need is available from a link on the site. If i find it i ill pass it over.

Proxy Worm 18:25 22 Mar 04

Read this click here

jim1947 18:28 22 Mar 04
  fullywired23 19:00 22 Mar 04

click here

Download Style xp trial from here

viejo

dagwoood 20:29 22 Mar 04

Thanks for the links guys.

The Style xp software isn't freeware and I was being a cheapskate and trying to find some s/w that performed the same functions as Style xp/Windows Plus, but wouldn't cost me anything.

As per per the above links, I could download the trial version but it has a 15 day time limit and I would obviously like to have this type of s/w permanently.

Once again, thank you all for the help. Unless someone else knows of any freeware, it looks like I'll have to shell out for this type of s/w.

Cheers, dagwoood.

dagwoood 20:58 22 Mar 04

For other forum users referance, I made an error in my posting(time 20:29).

The trial version of Style xp has 30 day time limit and not 15 as I posted.

dagwoood.

dagwoood 01:19 24 Mar 04

As I didn't get any further feedback to my thread I decided to go down the "skins" route.

I came across an application called WindowBlinds that lets you implement different visual styles(skins) onto your pc.

All the relevant info.is on

click here

You can download a free version of this s/w with some of its functionality disabled. To get full use from this s/w you need to register and pay for it(19.99 dollars us). There are links on the site where there are over 2500 skins available for free download.

As I understand it there isn't a time limit on the length of time that you have the freeware trial version(I couldn't see anything in the licence agreement to indicate that there is a time limit).

I've downloaded it to try it out and if I come across any problems I'll update this thread.

Again, thanks to the above for there input.

dagwoood.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…