Freeware 2 delete undeletable file?!?! - ne1 know?

GibsonSt19 17:19 31 Dec 03

I have some files on my PC which are classed as spyware, but none of the spyware software I'm running (most of 'em) will kill the files. Do you know of any freeware file deletion utility which allows you to delete files which are listed with access being denied?

Thanks lots!

Jester2K 17:26 31 Dec 03

What files?

What Anti-Spyware programs are you using?

Adaware click here

and

Spybot click here

are the best

update before running

GibsonSt19 17:28 31 Dec 03

The strange thing is, they don't recognise the files, but Norton AV 2k4 does. It won't delete them either :(

Worm of Doom 17:29 31 Dec 03

If you can't delete them in Windows, you could try using a boot floppy to boot into DOS and delete them from there.

GibsonSt19 17:30 31 Dec 03

But wondered if there was a nifty bit of software available which would let me delete the little monsters from within Windows.

Worm of Doom 17:35 31 Dec 03

If you get an access denied message, the files you are trying to delete may be in use. Have you tried Ctrl+Alt+Del to see if the filenames are on the processes list, and if so, if you can stop them?

Jester2K 17:43 31 Dec 03

Or scan in Safe Mode?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…