freeview using media center

Jabba10 06:33 05 Oct 05

I've just bought a Toshiba Qosmio laptop which has media center installed. It has an analogue tuner built into it. However, I've got a freeview digital box which I want to connect to it to get digital tv.

I'm connecting the box to my laptop using the antenna connection (and connecting the external aerial directly to the freeview box).

However, try as I might, I cannot get a signal! It's driving me crazy!! has anyone had any experience like this and could they please tell me how they got things to work. Many thanks.

€dstowe 08:11 05 Oct 05

Does your laptop and freeview box have RCA connectors? These are the red, yellow and green separate plugs/sockets.

Connecting this way would be best to go.

Stuartli 08:22 05 Oct 05

Much easier ways:

click here

click here

€dstowe 08:37 05 Oct 05

My post above is not correct. The RCA connectors are red, yellow and white. Sorry about that.

pj123 12:34 05 Oct 05

Can't help with your freeview connection problem but how about this as an alternative.

Supposedly works on any PC/Laptop running Windows XP.

click here

pj123 12:36 05 Oct 05

Sorry Stuartli, should have checked your links before jumping in.

johnnyrocker 12:38 05 Oct 05

check the rf output frequency of the freeview it might be set so it is clashing with another and so being cancelled out.

johnny

Stuartli 13:10 05 Oct 05

See:

click here

for advice on connecting a set top box to a PC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…