Freeview... The Switchover.

blocker11 08:36 21 Nov 07

I know this is a PC helproom but you guys are very good so i thought i'd asked your help about Digital TV.

I bought an LG TV (with Freeview) January this year, and after plugging in my current (analogue)ariel the freeview worked ok (a bit jumpy) but recently i have lost all signal and all my freeview channels. The TV is telling me that my Digital TV is not programmed. I can still pick up analogue programs and Sky through AV.

I spoke to LG and they have told me i need a digital ariel and "some" Card???? (not sure what he was on about)

Is this correct??

I think i was being naive and thought Freeview would work off the Analogue ariel if the signal was good enough?

Any help would be greatly appreicated.

Thanks

Steve

johnnyrocker 08:44 21 Nov 07

sounds like freeview needs retuning, you werre correct in your belief about a good enough signal, sky will be via a dish as opposed to aerial.

i wold first try retune freeview.

johnny.

blocker11 08:46 21 Nov 07

Tried re-tuning Freeview, but did not pick up any channels!

johnnyrocker 08:48 21 Nov 07

has your aerial situation changed in any way like local building etc?

johnny.

xania 08:49 21 Nov 07

Unless you have an old aerial, it should be adequate for the task.

click here

especially the question

'I can’t currently get Freeview. Does this mean that I will lose my TV after switchover?'

blocker11 08:53 21 Nov 07

so it is as i thought, Freeview should work without a Digital Aerial and without this "card" and i will not need to buy any further aerials or equipment?

johnnyrocker 09:05 21 Nov 07

your problem would appear to be in the tv as it worked in the first place and now does not, do you have access to a freeview box to check?

johnny.

blocker11 09:08 21 Nov 07

i live with my inlaws, who have 2 freeview TV's upstairs, but both work ok. Could it be that there are 5 TV's off the same Aerial?

we do have a 2nd aerial which only has 1 TV on it would i be better off trying to connect to this aerial?

Sorry about this.. but i thought i was clued up with this but evidently not!

johnnyrocker 09:10 21 Nov 07

you may be better off, it depends how the aerial sytem is hooked up, as a test try your tv on their aerial if ok you have an aerial prob, if it dont work you have a tv prob.

johnny.

blocker11 11:14 21 Nov 07

Think i will try it on the 2nd aerial first and hopefully that will correct it.

johnnyrocker 11:24 21 Nov 07

the point was ,if their freeview works then yours should also, if yours does then it is aerial.

johnny

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…