Freeview on Sky

prince midas 18:23 27 Jul 03

Due to having a very bad picture using a standard aerial I use Sky on Freeview to get BBC1 BBC2 ITV1 Channel 4 Channel 5.

Sky tell me that in early August that they are scrapping the Freeview card so I will no longer get ITV1 Channel 4 & 5.

Is this the end of me getting good reception unless I pay to their service.

Any advice appreciated.

-pops- 18:37 27 Jul 03

Don't you need a television forum for this question?

-pops- 18:38 27 Jul 03

or have I missed something cardinal?

Djohn 19:00 27 Jul 03

You need a digital aerial, this will give you excellent quality that the standard one is not optimised to do.

Ad on TV from Sky last week asking you if you have received the new card. If not phone them With the new card you will still get all channels you had before. You can still stay @ the level of payment you already enjoy

bremner 19:20 27 Jul 03

I think you will find the new Sky cards are for paying subscribers.

prince midas 19:22 27 Jul 03

I have a digital aerial and the picture breaks up.
That is why i got a sky dish which is excellent.

I do not pay for sky subscription as i only want to watch BBC1 BBC2 ITV1 Channel 4 & 5.

They are removing ITV1 Channel 4 & 5 from freeview this month.
Is this legal.

bremner 19:25 27 Jul 03

Yes - Sky are a business with the intention of making money, their Freeview is a temptor to get you interested to buy there subscription packages.

Djohn 19:43 27 Jul 03

click here this package at £12.50 will give you the Chanel's you now get free, plus Sky news and some of the "Better" programs that are on offer.

Rikku 20:05 27 Jul 03

go to them set top boxes . . . uhh i saw one the other week for 79.99 @ kwiks :P they give you all the free view channels but u gotta check if u can get it in your area or summat first you can get digital teletext and that aswell as far as i understand u pay for set top box, plug in you may need a new ariel) and start watchin it hope this helped.

Freeviews website is - click here

BBC website (section about freeview) - click here

you will be able to check coverage at one of these sites as well as getting more info :D

mammak 21:42 27 Jul 03

prince midas, this is indeed correct, as ITV channel 4-5 are paid through your tv licence so yes it is legal, you will not be able to veiw them through sky unless you subscribe, if sky allowed you to do this then they would be breaking the licening law,s, Mammak

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…