freeview recording

aboutit 17:37 29 Jun 04

I have a Matsui freeview box and Philips video recorder. My freeview is connected via video recorder. Can anyone please trell me how to rec ord from my freeview box? I have chercked my philips set up and can find programmes from 1 to 30 but nothing else.When I turn on my freeview it comes up as ext 1

TomJerry 17:43 29 Jun 04

|

aboutit 17:48 29 Jun 04

can`t see ext1 on the philips recorder

sicknote 17:53 29 Jun 04

Have you got a scart cable connecting Freeview box to Video ??

aboutit 17:57 29 Jun 04

No its just the lead I have a DVD that goes from dvd to TV via scart and freeview to tv via scart

dnbheaven.co.nr 18:43 29 Jun 04

Try disconecting your dvd when you want to record as sometimes this can cause interference with freeview box.

aboutit 18:45 29 Jun 04

thanks will give it a try

aboutit 18:47 29 Jun 04

just thought as I can`t see channel ext 1 on video recorder how do I record from freeview box even if I disconnect the dvd? what prog number do I set video to?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:51 29 Jun 04

1. connect freeview to video with scart cable.

2. have TV tuned to video channel

3. should be an "input" button on video remote to change input from aerial to scart.

4. when you have got freeview channel on video channel on tv press record

aboutit 19:01 29 Jun 04

thanks will try that

SEASHANTY 20:43 29 Jun 04

Assuming that your Philips VCR has two scart sockets
then connect a fully wired 21 pin scart to scart cable from Freeview STB to Scart socket AV2 (decoder) on Philips VCR. Then connect another similar scart cable from AV1 scart socket on VCR
(probably marked TV) to the scart socket on your TV
where you originally had the Freeview box connected to. You then need to select the satellite/freeview/decoder channel on the VCR. This is probably programme "0" or in some cases it could be marked AV. Depends. On some Sony VCR's this output is selected by pressing "EXT" to get the link
"L1" "L2" . Check in your VCR manual. You will also
have to leave it on this setting to allow the freeview channel to reach the TV. If you have a JVC
TV with three scart sockets then you are doing fine
as you could also make a direct scart connection
from the Freeview box to the TV. (Always assuming
that the Matsui Freeview STB you have has twin scart outlets. Some Matsui STB's only have the one scart outlet socket.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…