Freeview HD Box Query

gengiscant 10:13 AM 21 Aug 11

Apart from seeing very little difference viewing HD as opposed to normal transmissions,which my post has nothing to do with,can anyone explain the reason for the Ethernet connection on my Grundig GUD300HD?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:32 AM 21 Aug 11

has an Ethernet port for future services.

There will be extra functionality available on, or coming to, some Freeview HD and Freeview+ HD devices, like BBC iPlayer and other streaming TV services, as well as the possibility in the future of downloadable extra content a little like Sky Anytime.

gengiscant 11:14 AM 21 Aug 11

As I have never seen the point in the BBC's iplayer and the rest of the various catch-up services as,as far as I can see programs seem to be repeated almost as soon as they are shown and them most certainly repeated several times in the coming days,weeks and months.

So I see little point in streaming iplayer via my box, but thanks anyway 'Fruit Bat/\0/\'.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites