Freeview to computer

Jimmy14 19:58 23 Apr 06

I have just bought a HP media center Pc and want to put my free-view box through it so I can record the tv on to my computer.

It has got tv connections at the back of it but I want to know what type of cable i need to go from my freeview-box to my computer

rsinbad 20:06 23 Apr 06

Should be the normal coax cable and connections'However more important to have a suitable aerial for maxinmum signal strength.

Stuartli 20:22 23 Apr 06

It would be much easier to buy a Freeview PCI TV card and its associated PVR software for the purpose.

Scan does the Kworld models at prices now that used to be changed for an analogue card of this type:

These are featured at the moment at lower prices on its TodayOnly page:

click here

See section three for one model that's DTV/HDTV compatible at just over £32 includuing remote control (100SS DVB-T PCI Digital TV/HDTV Tuner).

Jimmy14 21:10 23 Apr 06

When i read about the computer i have got now it sayed that it already had a tv tuner built in, analogue and digital but i dont think there is any software with it that I can use to get tv on and the only thng I have tried is setting up a tv signal on Media Center.

I dont really want to go out and buy anotherpci card or anything else if i just bought a freeview box today to use on my computer and incase the computer has it built in

Stuartli 21:20 23 Apr 06

If you have a TV Card already installed then you should have the software/PVR for it.

If you find out the make of the card you can download the latest drivers and software from the manufacturer's website.

Brumas 22:45 23 Apr 06

I had a similar sort of situation I, well my son actually, cured it by using a TV/VCR SCART (OUT) to Composite (Video-in) / RCA (Sound in) 2m Cable
from the digibox to the PCI card.Hope this helps?

Stuartli 22:52 23 Apr 06

Whichever way you do it you will still require the drivers and software for the TV card.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…