Freeview+

Paddylad 19:41 18 Jan 10

I've connected a Freeview+ box to my TV. The manual includes a VCR in the wiring up but I wonder if I could substitute a DVD player for the VCR? I've asked the suppliers and the overall opinion is very mixed, so I was wondering if anyone amongst the Forum members could give a definite answer please?
Whilst I can record on the Freeview+ box, I cannot play any other DVDs. Thanks in advance.

johnnyrocker 19:42 18 Jan 10

if your question (which is not clear) is can your dvd record freeview? there are a number of options if your question made sense.

johnny

Pine Man 19:44 18 Jan 10

Simple way to find out if you have one is to try it.

I certainly had success with a Sony DVD which was looped with a digibox and VCR.

Pine Man 19:45 18 Jan 10

... Sony DVD PLAYER.

Paddylad 20:05 18 Jan 10

A Freeview+ box supplies my families Viewing. It has a built in HDD on which we can record programmes for future playback. It cannot playback a bought DVD. Hence the question I asked.

Pine Man, I think I'll have to try it out. I will, however, wait until tonights match is over,just in case.

johnnyrocker 20:11 18 Jan 10

thank you for clarification.

johnny

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:49 18 Jan 10

Provided your DVD will record from scart input and your Freview box has two scart outputs then connect one output to TV the other to the DVD recorder.

I do this with my old Alba DVD recorder and Humax HDD recorder to transfer recorded programs to DVD for use while travelling.

Paddylad 22:04 18 Jan 10

Please ,I beg you, do not think I was being patronising, nothing else was further from my mind. I thought if I clarified my statement you might come up with an answer. Thank you anyway for a speedy answer.

Fruit Bat /\0/\, I'll look into this a little later.

Pine Man my remark about the match was caused by looking at tomorrows BBC1 programmes. Being too eager can be a destroyer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…