freeserve(anytime)main connection phone number?

blackmischief 19:51 24 Feb 04

Have been connecting using the 0808 9933006 and 2 alternates as specified in the members help area of freeserve.
Then I "re-activated my account"(because i was told re-installing freeserve might sort out some connection problems i ve been having)
This I did but then I noticed that the Anytime connection phone number had changed.
I reluctantly rung up the Freeserve tech.support line to get the lowdown on the different numbers and was told that the post re-installed phone number was their "premium" line.They also said that I should have re-installed Network connections to activate two other Anytime numbers.
He would not tell me the reason for the discrepancy and even said that these new numbers might get so busy that I might not even get online at all!
So do I have to load the "correct numbers" a la freeserve tech.support or can I just keep the old ones that are not so busy?and seem to work ok?

Audeal 19:58 24 Feb 04

Freeserve are always changing their numbers. I have been on BB for a year now with no problems. I had three numbers and set them all up as backups when I had "Anytime". I would suggest you set them all up and if one fails then simply try the next one. I never did fail to connect on one or the other when I set them all up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…