//some 3rd party need geo

Freeserve to Wanadoo capped service

greenlamp 23:08 28 Apr 04

It seems that one of the immediate benefits!! of the change from Freeserve to Wanadoo is a capped broadband service (15 hours per day max. 15GB download per month) as opposed to the unlimited Freeserve Broadband. While I expect this may meet my requirements I feel that on principle I should be looking elsewhere for my broadband. What are peoples views on their ISP's

VEG 23:12 28 Apr 04

Pipex all the way.

Strawballs 23:20 28 Apr 04

I have ntl B/B got no complaints never heard of limit on downloads on any B/B service could be a problem if you use it to it's full potential that the ISP's are always banging on about when trying to get us to part with our money and sign up!

roy 23:21 28 Apr 04

Where have you read the daily restriction?

This webpage seems to be offering an 'always on connection' but perhaps they don't mean what we mean! click here

Alan2 23:23 28 Apr 04

My understanding is that the service restrictions only apply to customers signing up from today - 28 April 2004.

Djohn 23:26 28 Apr 04

Yep! The new price plans do seem to infer a cap on downloads. The previous 512k service was uncapped but now says 2mb per month limit.

Djohn 23:27 28 Apr 04

2 gb per month, not mb.

roy 23:30 28 Apr 04

Yes, but I can't see a reference to capping time on to 15 hours a day.

greenlamp 23:39 28 Apr 04

If you click on the "what does this mean" about halfway down the page it brings up the new terms.
click here

Alan2 where have you read that the limitations will only apply to new subscriptions, I can't find any reference to this, either in the email I received. On the Wanadoo site the nearest I can find is that the restrictions will only come into full force later in the year.

roy 23:40 28 Apr 04

Ugh! Have just found what you are referring to.

It looks a bit ominous although I see it is for a new broadband of 512 for £17.99 per month.

Metering broadband!!

GaT7 23:42 28 Apr 04

Go here - click here & click on the 'What does this mean?' link. Surfing - 15 hours a day (the middle option).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…