Freeserve No Ties, BT line and XP connection ?

Giggle n' Bits 01:49 28 Feb 04

Trying to find a cure for this, but there maybe many answers unless someone from BT is around.

doesn't matter what time of day or night it is but while online one page can load fine and reasonable using a internal 56K/V92 PCI modem then the connection can seem to fall asleep idle go to another page and its that white page which you get when the page address is typed in wrong.

I am just really trying to find a reason why one minute everything could be fine then the next page if I go to one can be a server/shdll etc. just seems to me like its a flow of data down the BT line not regular so when the data of the line weakens of dosn't flow well pages struggle to load.

Can someone confirm if this can happen or am I barking up the wrong tree.

Can a BT line have a uneven flow of data to a modem on the same time connection. ?

anon1 09:49 28 Feb 04

one of the joys of dial up I am afraid. Of course it could also depend on how much traffic is aimed at the page you are trying to view.

Indigo 1 10:34 28 Feb 04

I assume that you have not restricted cookies too much and that your firewall is not set to block cookies.

Try turning off your Firewall for a time and dropping cookie control to minimum and see if it helps.

Giggle n' Bits 10:44 28 Feb 04

you don't happen to be brother (hence the 1?)

Indigo 1 11:22 28 Feb 04

Not that I am aware 8-)

I couldn't register as Indigo so I added the 1.

How did you solve your problem then ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…