Freeserve modem connection problems

zzzgordon 20:49 23 May 03

I'm trying to connect to freeserve anytime using a standard modem via a BT line.

I've just stopped using AOL - so i know my modem and phone line are ok.

whenever i try to sign on to register i get a message saying modem cannot connect. -

if i try to connect using dial up networking direct the modem will dial but because i'm not registered wont connect. i understand this part ok!

what am i missing in using the freeserve software to connect ? i use win 98 and a pII 400mhz processor.

is it a modem problem ? though cant see why because i was using AOL until last night

any help greatly appreciated.

Djohn 21:21 23 May 03

If you wish to do a manual connection to Freeserve Anytime with out using the CD, phone them first on customer services and register.

You will be given a username and password, then go into control panel/internet connections/make new connection. The wizard will come up and walk you through the three steps of connecting.

Once connected, go to the home page using your browser, there you will find all settings under the help files to associate Explorer and Outlook Express with your dial up Icon. If you have any problems, post back on this thread and I will try to help. J.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…