Freeserve mail server and outlook express

Stevie D 11:45 07 Sep 04

Hi,

I use freeserve anytime over an ISDN connection with the mail client of outlook express v 6 on a win 98 PC.

I can connect to the web through ie without any problems, however, when i try and send and recive my mail messages through outlook express I get the following error messages: -

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.freeserve.com (1)', Server: 'pop.freeserve.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.freeserve.com (1)', Server: 'pop.freeserve.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your User Name was rejected. Account: 'pop.freeserve.com', Server: '127.0.0.1', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91

I have tried getting my messages through web mail and this works fine so I know my e-mail account name is OK as is my password.

Any ideas - thanks Steve.

woofwoofbark 13:50 07 Sep 04

i get exactly the same thing when i try to send and recieve with my btinternet.com email addy from BT ... im calling them just now to see if they can fix things

but funnily enough when i use hotmail through OE it goes through fine

geo

woofwoofbark 13:56 07 Sep 04

Ive just called and they said because im on the basic email option , this doesnt work with OE I would have to upgrade to premium mail for that to function with OE ... ah well , im just gonna leave it , why pay money when the basic email is fine for me

cheers

geo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…