Freeserve email account in OE

recap 16:05 15 Dec 04

I am having problems with the above account.

Until this afternoon emails were unable to be sent via Outlook Express, we could only send them from the Web Based service. I changed the smtp from freeserve to tesco.net, and now emails can be sent. Unfotunately emails cannot now be received via Outlook Express for the freeserve account.

If I change `pop` to either wanadoo or tesco still the same results. The server keep rejecting the password with error 550 Administrator Authorisation SSL, error 0x000ccc79.

I have noticed that Outlook Express is provided by Freeserve, if I installed an MS version of OE, could this resolve the problem?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:22 15 Dec 04

Outlook is the same whoever provides it, its jaust a label on the window.

Are you using AVG7 antivirus? if so

AVG E MAIL SCANNER SETUP
click here

Freeserve (wannado) setttings

servers tab pop.freeserve.net
smtp.freeserve.net

advanced tab make sure 25 and 110

recap 17:26 15 Dec 04

Thanks Fruit Bat /\0/\, I will give the .net extension a go tomorrow. I has always been the .co.uk extension.

We don't have AVG as the systems are networked and our Internet Server has it's own Anti-Virus and Firewall.

D G 17:34 15 Dec 04

I'm with freeserve and my settings are (pop.freeserve.co.uk)and (smtp.freeserve.co.uk).
DG

recap 09:10 20 Dec 04

Thanks for your help Fruit Bat /\0/\ & D G, but unfortunately it is still doing the same. Suppose we will just have to live with it in the short term, we are going to change our ISP in the new year.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…