freeserve digi box

tonyq 15:27 PM 31 May 12

Hi all,

I am on the look out for a good cheap Freeserve Digi box,for use with an old tv in spare bedroom. I know that good/cheap do not usually go together,but I'm sure you know what I mean. Recommendations please.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:48 PM 31 May 12

Tecknica - tesco approx £20 timer set up to swap channels to record twin scart so can also connect to VCR or DVD reorder,

tonyq 08:42 AM 01 Jun 12

Fruit Bat /\0/\

thank you for the suggestion,but I cannot find it on the Tesco site.

birdface 09:35 AM 01 Jun 12

I would go to a car boot sale and see what you pick up.There must be thousands of them getting thrown out or sold cheaply since the digital changeover.

robin_x 11:34 AM 01 Jun 12

In Tesco Technology Gaming AudioVision DigitalTVBoxes.

The site seems revamped and the filtering sorting is not working correctly.

3 units £10-20. Curtis and two Dions. Technika is £40. Link above is £10-50

I browse Tesco quite often on-line and local large store and a very large store a few miles away.

The stock they hold for STBs is quite variable in-store. Usually not reflecting the on-line selection very well at all.

I have a cheap Dion (SD not HD) in the Conservatory (2 yrs old). It's fine.

In my experience over the years, I have found a high'ish failure rate with these cheap units. Hit and miss even when new.

So be cautious with car boots (??). Other supermarkets/Argos etc are available of course.

tonyq 12:37 PM 01 Jun 12

Hi all, while in town I called into the "British Heart Foundation" charity shop.I bought a used Labgear FV200 6 months guarantee for £10 including scart cable. If I do have problems at least the money as gone to a good cause!. Thank you all for your help/advice

Yimbo 16:10 PM 01 Jun 12

Hi tonyq - - I got the "Konig FTA DVB-T Scart Reciever" for Amazon 18 months ago, for our TV in the kitchen. Very small, compact - and just what we needed. No probelms with it, and very easy to set up. Just £24.99.

Maybe you can check it out if you're still undecided!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know