Freeserve connection kit :- "RAS error 720...."

cassiusclay 00:57 19 Oct 04

Freeserve connection kit
"We are having difficulty connecting you due to RAS error 720.
please check your username , re-enter your password and click connect.
If this continues call 0845 330 7124 and choose service status information option"

and... "No dial tone ; we cannot detect a dial tone. please ensure your modem is correctly connected.Hanging up."
The connection to the internet is lost.I reconnect but it keeps happening.
These above error messages have occured after I tried to fix an adaware crash by uninstalling adaware and then installing adaware SE I also uninstalled Norton (shock/horror) becuase I thought that it was interfering with adaware 1.
Does anyone know what these error messages signify?By the way there is nothing wrong with the modem settings connections phone numbers etc etc (see adaware crashes -conflict with Norton post from 17th )this is happening on a system running Windows 98.

bretsky 01:12 19 Oct 04

This may help click here

bretsky ;0)

cassiusclay 04:12 19 Oct 04

Thanks I will try that solution tomorrow but might need to ask u more questions after that so I ll reply to this post 2moro if u could take a look at it then

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…