Freeserve Anytime log-in problem

swog 12:01 23 Feb 03

I have just this weekend upgraded to Anytime from Hometime to get more time on-line,but its created more problems overall.I use Win 98 and OE6 and as well as being disconected more often the main problem comes when i try to log on again,i am told the modem is still connected and nothing i do frees it for me to reconnect.In the end i had to go to Control Panel > Modem, click on the modem and remove it.Then restart PC, install modem and then i'm able to log-on again.Rather long winded,so if anyone has overcome this i would greatly look forwards to a remedy.

Andy 999 12:12 23 Feb 03

i had a problem like that before i got broadband. Try leaving it for about 5 mins and see what it does. If it doesn't disconnect turn the pc off but don't remove the modem. The problem is i never found a cure and all i could think off is a network process crashing but im not oo sure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…