Freeserve alawys conncecting!

cthooli 21:58 29 Dec 04

My home computer is running ME with a BT ISDN USB adapter using freeserve Hometime. All was fine for about two years then suddently we got massive bills which showed the internet connection being connected every secdon or so. sometimes more. so much so there would be over 100 connections in the space of ten minutes! we disabled the built in modem of the computer on BT's advice despite the fact its not connected to the wall and that seams to have sorted the problem. But now its back! and the modem's still disabled! i have a laptop connected over a wireless network but even if that was trying to make a connection it couldnt make one that fast could it!? its sounds to me like a BT problem but this is the best bit! if we unplug the USB cable which connects the ISDN wall box to the PC then the connections stop occuring!! and just to top it off. these connections are being made when the computer is turned off!!! help pleasE!!

VoG II 22:25 29 Dec 04

Run Spybot and delete everything it finds click here

Giggle n' Bits 22:27 29 Dec 04

I would cancel your ISP account and sign up fresh after getting a clean install of XP by someone who knows what there doing, not a DIY attempt then get some decent firewall & Virus Software, all windows updates and Service Packs including Office/Works suite.

Also get someone in to professioanlly get you back online and configure your machine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…