freerip causes PC...

iqs 18:58 10 Sep 07

Hello.I have just installed Freerip-MP3.

When I clicked on the desktop icon,my PC switched it self off.This also happened when I tried to un-install the software via add/remove all programs.The only way around this was to use system restore.Everything else work ok.Any ideas please?.
Cheers

WIN XP Media Ed SP2

I am Spartacus 19:29 10 Sep 07

If it's the software produced by MGShareware then I have both version 2.945 and version 3.0 installed and running without a problem. I use the earlier version as it's less bloatware than the later one.

Earlier version is available from click here although I didn't get mine from that link. The MGShareware site doesn't seem to be working anymore.

iqs 21:30 10 Sep 07

I am Spartacus.The version I downloaded was the latest edition.

The reason I installed a newer ver was because Bullguard was detecting a virus which was located in the same file as the older ver of Freerip,Adware.My Way.X.

The older ver worked fine with my PC,except for the virus .The newer release........

I will use your link and download the earlier ver.

Fingers crossed.

Cheers I am Spartacus

I am Spartacus 22:26 10 Sep 07

If you have any problem with another download then send me a message via the yellow envelope next to my name and I'll mail the version I downloaded in May 2006 to you.

I've used it on 3 PCs without a problem. My AV has never detected a virus in it.

I am Spartacus 22:41 10 Sep 07

I've just looked at the download on the link I gave and it's 1.8MB. My copy which is supposedly the same version is only 1.1MB. Something doesn't look right.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017