FREEOLA WEBSPACE-USING DIFFERENT ISP

explodesquirrel 09:36 08 Nov 05

Hi,

I'm just setting up my webspace with freeola.

i need to someone get my new freeola email addresses working with a different ISP other than freeola. As i signed up for free dialup just to get the webspace, and i have a wanadoo broadband connection.

Can someone please help me and let me know how to sort this out? I've heard theres got to be a way i just don;t know how

Many Thanks

Steve

explodesquirrel 09:37 08 Nov 05

i meant to put i need to 'somehow'

explodesquirrel 09:50 08 Nov 05

DOES ANYBODY KNOW THIS PLEASE? DESPERATE FOR HELP!

CHEERS

johnnyrocker 10:29 08 Nov 05

if it is your e mail account you are trying to activate all you need to do is use wannadoo as your outgoing smtp server and freeola pop server as your incoming? details of which should be available from both parties, (dont wannadoo supply webspaces?)

johnny.

explodesquirrel 10:41 08 Nov 05

i can already recieve the emails on my domain addy, its just i cant send.. freeola stops you from using their outgoing smtp server on a different ISP than freeola. so what im asking for is a way to use it with my existing connection

i just wanadoo, theyre bloody useless

explodesquirrel 10:41 08 Nov 05

i mean i just rang wanadoo

johnnyrocker 11:45 08 Nov 05

on the mail account you are using what do you have as your outgoing server?

johnny.

explodesquirrel 11:59 08 Nov 05

right now its set back to what it was, which is smtp.wannado.co.uk -but i did enter the freeola one initially as that is the natural thing to do. it then comes up with error messages saying the smtp server is not a wannado one..etc.

it wont work either way, using the proper freeola one that your meant to use, or the original wannado outgoing server.
however the wanadoo one does work as normal with my normal wanadoo email account

johnnyrocker 12:10 08 Nov 05

sometimes when changing server details it needs to be done via a deleted/recreated account as opposed to just changing in existing account?

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…