Free&Easy software needed to encrypt hard drive

julius44 08:48 04 Jan 10

Hello there, ive just purchased a seagate 1TB external hard drive, i have some important folders, that i wish to encrypt on the drive like some important docs...and they are just in folders on the drive. Is there any freeware that i can use to passowrd protect the folders pls??? All i want is something extremely easy BUT powereful...i just wanted be able to drag and drop files into the folders, and just lock it up.....plain and simple.....any help would be much appreciated.

jamesd1981 09:03 04 Jan 10

you could try TRUECRYPT or TURBINE you can get them at click here

julius44 09:10 04 Jan 10

thanks jamesd1981,...but u seem to have sent me the wrong link, theres i cant seem to see anything for truecrypt or turbine, unless theres something ive missed., pls kindly point me in the right direction pls, many thanks

Chris the Ancient 09:42 04 Jan 10

Type the name of truecrypt in the search box at the top of the openrd page!

jamesd1981 09:47 04 Jan 10

also try click here or just type the program names into your search engine.

Technotiger 09:47 04 Jan 10

In the link above click on Security Programs, then in the Search panel enter Truecrypt, then the other one mentioned to find them.

Peter 18:33 04 Jan 10

Perhaps you could ZIP (Compress) the folder and password protect it.

Peter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…