Freecorder video cache?

O2 17:31 25 Nov 09

I've just started using Freecorder 4, mainly for audio recording. This version also saves any viewed video to what it calls 'temporary storage space'. The video file can then be saved permanently if required. Does anyone know where this 'temporary storage space' actually is? Contacting Applian (the software developer) got the response "This "temp storage" is a list of videos that are cached on your system even without the toolbar. This feature just lists these for you to give you an easy way of saving the video." I asked if this cache was the Temporary Internet Files folder and was to that it was. However, I can't see any such files in here and emptying the folder, and/or restarting Windows, makes no difference - the videos are still there in Freecorder! Many thanks.

User-1229748 20:50 25 Nov 09

freecorder seems to be a bad program,run malwarebytes and then superantispwareclick here

User-1229748 20:59 25 Nov 09

apologies if legit this is what i readclick here

User-1229748 21:16 25 Nov 09

yes my apologies i've just had a nose thru their forums and all seems good and proper :o)

O2 22:54 25 Nov 09

Marg7 - thank you for answering my query. I forgot to say that I was using Vista, but the path is the same as you gave. How did you find it? However, it gets more interesting! There was a video in there which I'd never viewed, seemingly from the PC Advisor site! Thanks, too, to smackhead for urging caution. Kaspersky has never spotted anything nasty re. Freecorder and I have several friends who use it, seemingly safely.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…