freecom tv stick

annimated 22:21 17 May 07

is there a vista 32 bit driver for the usb freecom tv stick ?thanks

Technotiger 23:04 17 May 07

Hi, not understood - does your tv stick not show up when you plug it into usb port?

Technotiger 23:11 17 May 07

Hmm, did a bit of research re Vista (I have XP) - came up with this, not good news I'm afraid ...

Here is word of warning to all Vista users. This product currently does not work properly with Windows Vista. You need to download beta drivers from Freecom website and update the Video software from Arctec to be able to use the product.

Currently the product does not work with Vista Media Center, as it is able to tune the tv channels but it does not show them when trying to view live TV. Presumely this will be fixed when the actual drivers for Vista are released.

annimated 22:40 18 May 07

hi tech thanks for your time and knowledge if you here of avista driver give me a shout thanks again

Technotiger 22:43 18 May 07

OK - just keep checking this PCA site. Cheers.

Jimmy14 22:47 18 May 07

Sorry if this has already been checked but did you look at the Vista driver on freecom's website? I use my dvb-t usb stick on Vista with the tv viewing program that comes with it and it works perfectly well.

Jimmy14 22:47 18 May 07
  Technotiger 23:07 18 May 07

Thanks Jimmy14, I have pointed out your note to annimated. Cheers.

That driver must have only just been put there, I had looked recently.

annimated 17:24 20 May 07

hi thanks winzip the download but how do i open it so that the stick can run the download ? am i being thick here iprob am

Technotiger 18:35 20 May 07

Double-click on the zip file and follow the on-screen prompts to probably save the unzipped files to your desktop, from where you should be able to install the driver. At least that is the usual route, though I have not done it myself for some time now.

susiepops 23:34 24 Aug 07

I have tried to install the new drivers etc supplied by Freecom but they do not work. I have exchanged emails with the company and they have tried to help but so far unsuccesfully. To give the latest example the last advice received was:

Support
Driver/patches
DVB-T etc
wnload & unzip the drivers to a folder on your c drive
For the Total Media 3 software
Please go to : click here (in your web browser)
Enter as user = dvb
Password = 12345
Go for total media 3
& download the zip, this can take awhile
Also on the same site as above
Choose the uninstaller under the DVB heading
& download & unzip this(contains 5 uninstalls)
---------------------
--------------------------
Go to device manager
Right click on the stick & choose uninstall
Put a tick on the uninstall drivers box
Disconnect the stick
Remove any software you have installed(eg total media or DVB-T player)
via the control panel
Then run all 5 of the uninstalls
Turn off the pc(not restart)
Boot the pc
Connect the stick
Direct windows to look in the folder you unziped the drivers to on your
c drive
Install the total media 3 software

This has not worked either and I await their further help.

I do not think they have resovled the issue with Vista yet but if anyone has been succesful I would be grateful for a step by step guide as I am sure Freecom would too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…