freecom sl hard drive 80gb

iqs 19:29 14 Apr 06

Hi,I have just purchased the above external hard drive.Supplied was a software disc containing the following...PMS software,includes password protection,autorun,sync application and secure and compress.
Do I really need to install the software to use it correctly?.
cheers,IQS

wbiggchiefy 19:44 14 Apr 06

Usually these things are "Plug n Play" - this is of course dependent upon your Windows insallation (should work fine as long as you have full XP Home/Pro and it is genuine).
Most additional drives will work fine in this way but some do require installation of additional software from the manufacturer - thats just the way it is!

Taff™ 22:51 14 Apr 06

I bought two 250 Gb versions. You don`t need the software as previous post however it is quite good and easy to use. You can always uninstall it afterwards.

One note however. The HDD`s come preformatted to FAT32 which means they can be used to back up Win98 file systems. It`s also suitable for XP which is NTFS. If you reformat it to NTFS you won`t be able to use it with older systems so I would suggest you leave it as is - it will work fine.

iqs 11:14 16 Apr 06

Hello wbiggchiefy and Taff.Many thanks for your replys.I will probably try the HDD without their software installed for a while,see how I get on.At a later date I will install the software just to compare the differences in how the HDD operates,if any.Once again many thanks for your help.Cheers,IQS

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…