Freecom external classic hard drive failure/crash

syndicate 16:33 20 Apr 06

Yesterday I rebooted my laptop, before the reboot process started I heard a click on the drive and instantly knew something just happened. After the reboot the drive would not load and wouldnt let explorer work correctly, so I disconnected the drive and logged in to windows and reconnected the drive after few hours of it tryng to load it showed up in my computer, when I tried to acces it it returned a error device I/O error. I tried restorer2000 on it but it could'nt recover anyting it gave this error; Read disk D: at position 40008227328 failed after 10 attempts. The request could not be completed because of an I/O error. Can someone help me with restoring this device by recommending some software or suggesting some actions I could try to repair it. Thanks in advance.

stylehurst 17:12 20 Apr 06

I don't know whether they will work or not but as they are free it may be worth a try; the programs are ISOBuster & Drive Rescue.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:19 20 Apr 06

File recovery :-
Badcopy Pro click here
CDCheck click here
Disk Investigator click here
PCInspector click here
R_Studio click here
Easyrecovery click here
Testdisc click here
Drive Rescue click here

syndicate 20:04 20 Apr 06

I managed to get chkdsk to run on it which would not run before, it recovered the bad sectors and fixed the drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…