freecom dvd tv card problems

steve0 00:12 15 Dec 05

Very slow with Dell Inspiron 5150 laptop. Jerky tv picture. On desktop it is fine. Any ideas?

Totally-braindead 00:18 15 Dec 05

Can't find specification on a Dell Inspiron 5150 laptop can only find a desktop 5150, only things I can think of is either its too slow or its onboard graphics aren't up to it or the ports are USB 1.0 not USB 2.0

steve0 00:49 15 Dec 05

Machine is 3Ghz mobile Pentium 4 processor with 512Mb RAM. Graphics card is a 64Mb Nvidia FX Go 5200.

Machine is fast on everything except the freecom dvd tv card.

steve0 10:04 16 Dec 05

Correction - graphics card has 32Mb of memory

Stuartli 10:16 16 Dec 05

Do you mean a DTB TV card?

It sounds as though you need to update the drivers and software for the card in the case of the laptop if you haven't already done so.

I use to run a TwinHan DTB Freeview PCI TV card using a modest Slot1 PentiumIII 550Mhz CPU and display and sound were fine even whilst browsing.

steve0 18:57 16 Dec 05

Thanks Stuartli - I should have said Freecom DVB-T USB stick The drivers are from the CD it came with and there are no others that are newer on the Freecom site. I'm sure it should be capable of working. I once has a friend's Hauppage Nova-T external digital tv tuner connected to the laptop and that was perfect. The Freecom "support" forum reports nemerous problems, but no solutions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…