freecom 160gb hard drive update software

stider 13:19 06 Feb 07

Hi, I have just bought a 160gb external hard drive. I need to update its software, i have the files downloaded and unzipped but for the life of me i cannot get the hard drive to update. there is no information in the manual, website or even the harddrive itself. grateful for any help. Cheers

Totally-braindead 13:32 06 Feb 07

Does the drive just not appear as a removeable drive under My Computer? What software is it the drive needs as I cannot understand what you would need to update.

stider 16:53 06 Feb 07

Nice nickname certainly applies to me. I contacted freecom as when trying to back up i only get half way then get a message there was a problem. They suggested downloading software update. Drive appears as drive E. But sending file to it still does not work. where do i look to see if the hard drive has been updated, I have tried backing up after sending the file and it still fails.

stider 16:53 06 Feb 07

Nice nickname certainly applies to me. I contacted freecom as when trying to back up i only get half way then get a message there was a problem. They suggested downloading software update. Drive appears as drive E. But sending file to it still does not work. where do i look to see if the hard drive has been updated, I have tried backing up after sending the file and it still fails.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5