FREECELL START

FEEBS 15:54 06 Feb 04

I upgaded from OE5 to OE6,from then on when starting Freecell I get the green gackgound, toolbar and the egg-timer. When I select File, New Game a notice comes up "are you sure you want to quit" I press yes and I then get the following notice " Freecell caused a general protection fault in module Freecell.exe at 0001:00003de2. I've tried replacing the freecell.exe from with one from another computer with no joy. I'm running Windows 98SE and tried replacing it with the .exe from Win.95 and XP.(still the same)

Djohn 16:03 06 Feb 04

This is sometimes caused by having the "Outlook express" box ticked in AVG. If you are using this antivirus checker, then try removing the tick from AVG regarding use of "Outlook express" j.

Djohn 12:45 07 Feb 04

Hi John
I've tried turning off Norton without success. It's no big deal if Freecell doesn't work as my wife uses it ( me? very rarely!) but thanks for taking the trouble to help
Regards

===============================================

Can anyone help with this problem? and also I know there is a link to many freecell games to download free, can't remember the address though! :o(

Djohn 23:08 09 Feb 04

Bump!

xania 09:03 10 Feb 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced