Freecell hanging

BHG 17:36 06 Jul 04

Freecell is loaded on my system (Windows 98SE)and was working well until recently.

Now when I select new game the play area sets up but the game 'hangs' I can select end game Ok and game close. I have tried deleting the Freecell programme and re-loading but the same thing happens each time.

Any suggestions?

Djohn 17:51 06 Jul 04

Does the word "Freecell" show at the top of the window or is it a jumble of characters?

When I was using 98SE the same would happen to me if AVG anti-virus was running or if I had the check email plug-in ticked from AVG.

Removing the tick or closing AVG while playing would always work but I never found a proper cure. j.

Graham ® 17:58 06 Jul 04

click here for a better version plus more. I challenge you to win at Forty Thieves!

Graham ® 18:07 06 Jul 04

Argh! It's not on the new version!

Shas 18:26 06 Jul 04

Won Forty Thieves 7 times on BVS Solitaire. (Mind you, I've lost 219 times!)

Graham ® 20:43 06 Jul 04

Thanks. I (foolishly) downloaded the latest version of 123, but no Forty Thieves. My earlier version has gone. System Restore retained the later version! Any data recovery suggestions?

end 20:51 06 Jul 04

nevr had problems WITH it, and been looking for a repair program for it on my computer , but none found

??is it STILL happening????

and...just a " wild card thought"...???have you run SFC " just to see" if anythign IS " wrong"?????

TOMMO01 22:29 06 Jul 04

Check that your graphics card is firmly located in its slot.

I had exactly the same problem on my parents computer. Even did a reload, still happen. Opened up the case, pushed the card down a little, and it moved, and quess what, FREECELL damn well worked.

Shas 08:21 07 Jul 04

Sorry no, but try click here for their solitaire games. I started off with the free download (where some of the games were locked) but liked it so much I paid the £15 or whatever to register and got the full version. Can't remember now if Forty Thieves was on the freebie, but it's worth checking out. :o)

Graham ® 10:05 07 Jul 04

Can't see a free or trial version.

Graham ® 10:12 07 Jul 04

Found it. You just click 'Download' instead of 'Buy'. It has Forty Thieves! I'll give it a whirl.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…