free webspace

frasernet 11:03 11 Jan 04

anyone know of a free web space facility that i can use for uploading pages created with microsoft frontpage. i currently am using geocities but you can only use their own pagebuilder facility. any help would be most appreciated. thanks.

Nellie2 11:16 11 Jan 04

Netfirms support frontpage extensions click here

jgosden 15:02 11 Jan 04

click here

they are really good. Unlimited bandwith and unlimited webspace 4 free. Not very good php support and no cg-bin etc, but it it still usefull.

click here

this is another really good site you don't get much space for free but you can upload pages from your pc anyone through the web.

Usayd 19:40 14 Jan 04

its really cheap to purchase your own domain and webspace, and it's worth it

click here thats my site

mr vaughanige 16:37 20 Jan 04

try going to click here

you can upload via their file uploader or by ftp using terrapin etc

jg1990 21:01 26 Jan 04

I suggest you host your site yourself. I do this and it's absolutely brilliant. I currently use Abyss web server which is free and easy to use.

Taran 22:12 26 Jan 04

I'd strongly andvise that you absolutely DO NOT host the site yourself, using any server software product.

Some general comments on this can be found click here

In brief and in no particular order or importance you have issues with:

1. security

2. DNS and IP resolution

3. traffic control - do you really want people to have a line into your own PC, no matter how secure you think your web hosting software is ?

4. bandwidth - very important since your ISP will kick you clean off the planet if you start using lots of bandwidth over your connection hosting your own site. Most ISPs will not allow personal site hosting anyway as part of their terms of use.

5. downtime - if your connection is dropped your site is offline until you get it back on.

There are other considerations but the above will do to be going along with.

Let the web hosts suggested by others do their job. It's what they are good at. You make the site, they host it. End of story.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…