Free website builder ?

Indigo 1 14:48 19 Jun 04

Can anyone recommend a good site for clear info on building a website ?

I have tried before to build a site using my ISP's website wizard and failed, mainly because I don't understand the jargon.

I would like an idiots guide and/or an idiot proof program (pref free of course) that will help me to put together a site to display digital photo's of my hobbies etc.

colberly 15:38 19 Jun 04

If it's just to display digital pics etc this site is not too bad.
click here

Valvegrid 15:49 19 Jun 04

There's this called Teach Me HTML:

click here

I'm not sure how good it is.

Have you thought of using an editor? You can still get an old copy of Front Page that used to be part of the old Microsoft office packages. It's what they call a WYSIWYG (WhatYouSeeIsWhatYouGet) program, basically it works like a word processor, if you build your page up using Front Page, then go to view the HTML code either in Front Page, or even NotePad, you can then cut and paste the code straight onto the site.

Here is a link to a Front Page download:

click here

Belatucadrus 17:45 19 Jun 04
  ianeon 18:27 19 Jun 04

Put "WebMonkey" into Google and you will find enough simple information for you - It even has a childrens section( which I use )& its free!

Indigo 1 18:52 19 Jun 04

Cheers folks that's plenty of info to get started, thanks for the tip Valvegrid, as it happens I do have a copy of Front Page but never thought of using it, will give it a try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…